May 5, 2017 to May 6, 2017
Day of Action is a program designed to promote volunteerism and demonstrate what we can achieve when individuals, organizations and businesses work together.
Individuals or Teams sign-up to commit 3 hours of volunteer service on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
Team Day of Action (a volunteer committee of the United Way) works to recruit projects from local non-profits.
After recruiting volunteers and projects matches are made based on size, and previous assignments during Day of Action.
Volunteer and projects are notified of matches prior to their committed time, and t-shirts are distributed.
After that, it is all about having fun and working hard at your assigned projects and supporting our local non-profit sector!
• VOLUNTEERS/TEAMS MUST REGISTER ONLINE BY MONDAY, APRIL 17, 2017.
• REGISTRATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER APRIL 17, 2017 WILL BE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND GROUPS MAY BE SPLIT UP.
• T-SHIRT PICK-UP WILL BE THURSDAY, APRIL 27, 2017 FROM 8:00 AM-7:00 PM AT THE UNITED WAY OFFICE.
• WHILE WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ACCOMMODATE LARGE GROUPS, TEAMS OF 10 OR MORE VOLUNTEERS MAY BE SPLIT UP.
• TEAM CAPTAINS SUBMITTING REGISTRATIONS ON BEHALF OF THEIR TEAM MEMBERS ONLINE, MUST HAVE COMPLETED AND SIGNED VOLUNTEER RELEASE FORMS IN THEIR POSSESSION FROM EACH VOLUNTEER PRIOR TO VOLUNTEERING.
Click HERE for instructions.