Established in 1922, United Way of Central Illinois is the largest private funder of health and human services in Sangamon County. With the support of lead volunteers, United Way brings together people and organizations from all across the community who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done.
Building Sangamon and Menard Counties into a vibrant region where individuals and families thrive, where
people work together to protect its most vulnerable citizens, ensure a safe and healthy community, address its most challenging issues and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
To improve lives in Sangamon and Menard Counties by bringing together nonprofit, business and community leaders and individuals to identify, assess and address the community’s health and human service needs.
United Way strengthens the community by:
- mobilizing human and financial capital to improve community conditions,
- organizing collaborative solutions and making long-term investments in the areas of Health, Education and Financial Stability,
- protecting services vital to the immediate needs of the most vulnerable members of the community,
- promoting volunteerism, philanthropy and advocacy,
- maintaining the highest standards of ethics, accountability and transparency.